Friday 4 March 2016

What "Religion" means to me ?

Relgion - Its not just a word - It encompasses the whole of universe and If you supposedly happen to be theist, then not only universe, it may encompass the creator of universe as well.
For some, 'religion' means worshipping god may be for inner satisfaction or may be out of fear. For others it may be the means for maximising happiness. Some profess religion by visiting Mecca, some by practising a shot of marijuana, some by kidnapping innocent girls (Boko Haram) in name of it, some by justifying killing innocent people, raping women & girls. Everyone is now using religion as a tool to satisfy his/her own needs and interprets it accordingly.

For me "religion" is synonym for putting smile on faces and for this matter it would not be incorrect if I call myself as an "atheist". Yes being born in a Hindu family, I also use to believe in religion. (Here I'm not referring to word "religion" but the way it is professed). Slowly the supposedly holy threads in hand of mine were replaced by watch. I still have belief in the word 'religion' but I outrightly reject some of the methods by which it is professed. My religion doesn't depends on fluctuating oil prices, neither my god becomes so much angry through its cartoons that it justifies killing. My God is not a function of space and time. My religion is not god fearing but god loving.




Yes! I’ve been to temple, I bowed in a mosque, I have make prayers in a Church as well but I couldn’t spot any difference/reason in them like some people argue – My God is superior to you, Our holy book is superior than yours! Jai Shri Ram is same for me as Allah ho Akhbar which in turn appears to me having same meaning as Long Live Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment